[access-uk] Re: A Recently Discussed Radio Tuner Download

  • From: "Gordon Atkinson" <g.atkinson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 11:22:03 -0000

Hi Elliott

I agree.  Very confusing.

Gordon Atkinson

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elliott Barnes" <elliottabarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2011 9:48 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: A Recently Discussed Radio Tuner Download

Hi, and thanks for the link to Radio Downloader.

Is it just me, or are the various bitrate settings for BBC audio
somewhat strange?

Here's the explination from the FAQ:

The Target MP3 bitrate list allows you to select your preferred
bitrate for BBC Radio downloads. Without either of the checkboxes
selected, this will cause Radio Downloader to fetch the lowest bitrate
MP3 stream with a bitrate equal or greater to this (or the highest
quality stream if they are all a lower bitrate).

Anyone know what they're actually trying to point out?

Cheers.

Elliott.

On 07/03/2011, ANDY COLLINS <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Terry - Doesn't Tune-in just deliver whatever is available on the net, if
so, then BBC local radio isn't allowed to broadcast live prem games, as far
as I know. That's why you get the "legal rites" announcement for the
duration of the match. Pretty much all Prem league clubs offer a paid for
service, to receive a commentary. I can't speak for everybody or all cases
of course, but this has been my experience -

Andy