[absoft-board] Re: Suggestions

  • From: "dogmom tds.net" <dogmom@xxxxxxx>
  • To: absoft-board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 20:12:16 -0500

I agree with John on facebook and twitter. Twitter to me seems to be more
PR than anything for a person nt so much for an entity like ours. I am
behind on reading through bylaws etc. I have been having problems reading.
April 23 I had surgery on my eyes that corrected the situation. I am still
in recuperation mode but healing nicely.
As for facebook, on a personal level, I dealt with some unstable people
when I was working. Police and other authorities told me and others who
worked with these people to either not use social media or if we wanted to
do so to not use our real names. Hence I am lurking on facebook so as to
keep up with my grandkids but only a few select people know who I am on
facebook. Thus I am pleased that you, Christine, offered to put us on
facebook as that is something I could not do.
I do think that the facebook page should only show what we are doing and
that it should not show any business details. It should have a link to the
utube video of John at the white house in the info section.
I will write more to board members later on various things

Marcia

On May 15, 2012 7:15 PM, "John J. Boyer" <john.boyer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Hi Christine,

These are good ideas. Hopefully we'll be able to carry them out in time.
If you set up the Facebook account that will be great. However, I
understand that for Twitter someone has to "tweat" quite frequently. I'm
not the one to do that. Besides, I would have only information about the
minutiae of programming. We'll have to find more money before we can
travel to the national conventions. Jack loaned the company the money
for the Washington trip. We can't do that again. He sent the Board a
statemennt on our debts on Saturday that didn't go through. He'll send
it again on Thursday.

Finally, I have problems travelling. Sitting in cramped positions on
airplanes last week has caused problems with my left leg. Arthritis is
starting to take a toll.

We'll make the change in the brochure that you suggested.

John

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 03:33:52PM -0700, Christine Jeune wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I have some su...
Abilitiessoft, Inc.
http://www.abilitiessoft.com