[absoft-board] Suggestions

Hello everyone,
I have some suggestions for Abilitiessoft.  I don't know if anyone has
suggested these things yet, but I believe I am caught up with all the
emails.  If they have I apologize in advance.

Facebook and twitter are increasingly a part of people's lives, this holds
true for people with visual impairments as well as sighted people.  I think
we should have both a facebook and twitter account.  Even as close as I am
to the projects, I didn't know the extent that they were used everyday by
possibly thousands of people, without their knowledge.  We need to get that
information out there.  Also as Braille Blaster becomes more widely used
and available to end users we should have a booth at the national
conventions to spread the word there as well.  I would be happy to set up
and post on twitter, facebook, and other social media sites the board
decides would be helpful, about Abilitiessoft/BrailleBlaster/Liblouis.
 Spreading the word of it's use, to it's actual users and those who benefit
from it will be beneficial.  Facebook is very accessible through it's text
based mobile site, and twitter by it's very nature is text based.  Many
companies like APH, ATguys, none profits related to the VI community, ACB,
NFB, Braille Institute, already use social media.  Even if it's just
keeping the name in the forefront of people's minds, when the end of the
year comes and they need a donation, they might have just gotten a tweet
the day before and give that donation to Abilitiessoft.

Because of the geography of our board, Jack handles many aspects of the
secretary, and many other,  positions.  We have a record of all dialog from
the list, and my suggestion was to make a summary each month or two from
the list, just to summarize and have legal "minutes."  I don't know how
important that is, and of course I don't want to invest time into it if it
isn't necessary.

Also, in the brochure, enclosed in the packet with the by laws, there is
one thing I would change for the next printing.  It says "Naive users" and
I think it should be changed to beginning users or beginners.

I'd love to hear other's thoughts,
Christine