[AAMT] Planning for May 29-30

  • From: Pete MacKay <pete@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aamt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 09:34:30 -0600

Good morning,

This is a re-send and reminder of some information I sent last week, knowing
that there were staggered spring breaks around the province. If you'd like to
be involved in the planning for May 29/30, let me know so I can share the
document with you and include you in any discussions.

I will send a 'registration' form of some sort next week to collect attendee
info including dietary concerns. In the meantime, please attend to the
following items so planning can continue.

Tasks For You:
Heads Up: I've been asked to poll the group about continuing the AAMT next
year. Your answer will depend greatly on the amount of support you receive from
your administration, so please have those important discussions in preparation
for our May meeting. We'll talk more about that in person and collect feedback
at that time.
Consider:  contributing your time and expertise in a Carousel session by
filling out the form at bit.ly/ORQVru  (this week, please). This is a
grassroots group that can easily rely on its own members for learning - please
know that the group is affable and easy to work with, so ask yourself what you
can teach us for an hour. Maybe you can co-present with someone in the group?
BTW, we won't be asking for evaluative feedback on the individual sessions -
just on the Carousel format itself. If you want to, as a presenter, collect
some feedback, please do so for your own reflection. If you have a topic that
needs more than an hour, we turn it into 2 consecutive sessions, preserving the
Reminder: I've only distributed 14 of the Total Training access codes. If you
want or need a new code, please let me know with this short form:
http://bit.ly/1kXVOKT. There is no cost at all - just follow the instructions
and you'll get access to the resources.
Reminder: The Days Inn has 20 rooms (2 x queen beds) blocked off for us,
checking in on Wed May 28 and checking out on the morning of Friday May 30 (2
nights). Book by May 15th. When booking, ask for the Alberta Adobe Master
Teachers group. You MUST show your ATA card at check in to get the rate of
$117.00/night plus taxes. Rate includes parking, breakfast and Internet. 17
people indicated that they would use this hotel, so if there are more, just
call them directly. A reminder that if you're local, please plan to socialize
Thursday evening!

10333 University Ave, Edmonton, AB T6E 6N5
Phone: 1-780-430-0011
Fax: 1-780-430-0022

Thanks so much for your attention to these matters!

Pete MacKay
Provincial Team Teacher
(780) 486 - 0380