[AAMT] Planning for May 29-30

  • From: Pete MacKay <pete@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aamt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 13:33:03 -0600

Good afternoon,

Some of the group is on Spring Break this week; others will be on break next
week. I'm adding to the discussion about our May session, knowing that people
will respond when they get these emails. I'll be sending another pesky reminder
next week too. If you'd like to be involved in the planning, let me know.

In addition to the Carousel, we also must
fit in time to talk about our impact on student learning and come up with a
plan to collect evidence of this
plan time on Friday afternoon to set up a Gallery Walk of our creations to
share with the group
come up with a plan for the August meeting because we'll all be gone by the end
of June

There's a lot to fit in, so if we shorten the Carousel sessions to 60 minutes,
we can fit a lot more in. I'd suggest that if you have a topic that needs more
than an hour, we turn it into 2 consecutive sessions, preserving the
flexibility.

Tasks For You:
===============
Heads Up: I've been asked to poll the group about continuing the AAMT next
year. Your answer will depend greatly on the amount of support you receive from
your administration, so please have those important discussions in preparation
for our May meeting. We'll talk more about that in person and collect feedback
at that time.
Consider:  contributing your time and expertise in a Carousel session by
filling out the form at bit.ly/ORQVru  (by April 4, please). This is a
grassroots group that can easily rely on its own members for learning - please
know that the group is affable and easy to work with, so ask yourself what you
can teach us for an hour. Maybe you can co-present with someone in the group?
BTW, we won't be asking for evaluative feedback on the individual sessions -
just on the Carousel format itself. If you want to, as a presenter, collect
some feedback, please do so for your own reflection.
Reminder: I've only distributed 11 of the Total Training access codes. If you
want or need a new code, please let me know with this short form:
http://bit.ly/1kXVOKT
Reminder: We had 29 responses to the Days Inn question, with 17 indicating that
they would be willing to stay there. If you'd like to add yourself to this
list, then please use this form: http://bit.ly/1d48D6m. I'll call early next
week to give you a chance to have your vote in. (I didn't ask for names on this
form because we just need a number. There'll be another form later to collect
info on who is attending, food concerns, etc...)

If you're on break, enjoy! If you're at work, I look forward to hearing from
you!
Thanks,
Pete

--