[AAMT] PD Carousel Ideas List

  • From: Pete MacKay <pete@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: aamt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2014 13:25:50 -0600

Hi AAMTs,

Here's the list of Carousel ideas so far. I think we're a bit skinny on this
list and there is definitely room for more. I'm going to start scheduling these
out and connecting with those who offered to present. There will be some
opportunity to present over two 1-hour periods for any who wish it.

What are we missing? Have you meant to submit an idea but didn't get to the
form yet? Let's discuss this further at tomorrow's meeting and fill in the
gaps. There was a comment submitted that I think is important: "I'm not writing
about presenting, just wanted to let you know that I feels strongly that it
would be great if there were some training sessions on the basics for those
still learning Adobe. Thanks so much." Have we addressed this in the sessions
listed below?

Photoshop Compositing
Learn to combine images in photoshop to create abstract, surreal and artistic
images.

Creating Webpages with the Adobe Suite
Using Dreamweaver as a platform while integrating both Photoshop and Fireworks,
participants would learn the fundamentals of creating a Webpage Portfolio from
scratch! A great way to showcase student work, while learning to make a
workable and functional webpage without templates!

Creating a magazine cover
InDesign is currently the de-facto application for desktop publishing and it is
expanding into the realms of digital publishing or ePub. Students who learn to
use this powerful tool will be building a skill that has great value in
industry that they can take forward with them into the world of work. In this
90 minute introductory InDesign session participants will learn the basics of
InDesign while creating a sample product for a Language Arts/ Social or Science
lesson. At the end of the session participants will be able to use the
following tools or features:
frames, the place gun, selection tools, object transformations, grids and
guides, colour swatches, layers, and customizing the panels section

Flash & Gr 7 Science
I am by no means an expert in Flash, but in conjunction with grade seven
science teachers, we created a project for student to work through creating
animations of the three methods of heat transfer. I can talk about and work
through the process and basics of Flash that we used to get the students
working on this project. Most of the students starting this project had NO
flash experience.

Creating Resource Packages to Help New Users Take up Adobe
In this session we will collaborate identify learning tasks that could be
developed at different grade levels for which the Adobe tools would be
beneficial and then gathering the online resource tutorials, project
descriptions, etc., needed to enable them to get started.

Up and Running with InDesign
This brief session will show the basic setup for using InDesign for print
applications.

Up and Running with Lightroom
Using Lightroom is a great way to organize, edit and share your photos. Learn
to navigate interface, how to import and export files and how to do basic edits.

Other topics discussed but not submitted on the form:
• Acrobat (Commenting, Review and Forms)
• One Page InDesign Newsletters
• Intermediate Photoshop
• Intermediate Illustrator
• Adobe Photoshop Elements Intro