[3ddesktop-dev] segfaulting 3ddeskd, if started by a user

  • From: Jens Mueller <jmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 3ddesktop-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:16:32 +0100

Hi,

the 3ddeskd daemon segfaults, if I start it under my normal login
account. If a start it as root, it works properly.

pts/6 (0) jkm@earth:~> 3ddeskd
zsh: segmentation fault (core dumped)  3ddeskd

You can find the core dump at
http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~jmueller/core

If I start it as root, I have no problems:
pts/2 (0) root@earth:~# 3ddeskd
Daemon started.  Run 3ddesk to activate.

I'm running 3ddeskd version 0.2.9 on a Debian unstable. I have a xorg
X11 server and my graphic card is a GeForce 6200. I'm running the nvidia
driver and a 2.6.18-4-k7 kernel, that are shipped with the distribution.

If it helps, I will attach the strace output or anything other that will
help to debug the problem. Any ideas?

Kind regards,
Jens