[1stPickSoftware] SpamWeasel

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 16:02:45 -0700

I have not tried this one but it apears to have similar features to
MailWasher.

SpamWeasel  ~  freeware
http://www.webattack.com/Freeware/comm/fwspam.shtml
9x/NT/ME/2K/
gets rid of spam before it arrives in your inbox.
It acts as a local POP server that filters spam according to both
objective and personal criteria. It can delete or archive it while
placing an optional warning notice on any suspected spam mail
it allows through to your mailbox. When suspect spam mail is
marked for rejection, you can delete it directly at the ISP even
before it reaches your mailbox.
Alternatively, Archive Viewing allows you to collect and divert
unwanted mail away from your active mailbox and action or
delete it at leisure. The program arrives preconfigured for
many common spammers and uses flexible rules to identify
spam while permitting a range of user-defined actions including
passing, blocking, labeling, deleting, archiving, viewing sorting
and re-delivery and works with any client. SpamWeasel supports
multiple POP accounts.
++ There is more on the web site.

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org