[1stPickSoftware] Re: Mailwasher

  • From: Melle Slotema <mslotema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,Eugene Pummill <epummill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 20:20:37 +0200

[REPLY]

I totally agree on the "not reply" policy!!

Always ignore spammers... nice little pop-ups that invite you
to click, or links.

I think even a reply that your mailbox doesn't exist is a hint; you
can not mask your mailbox, unless you are an ISP. Somewhere the mail
is traceable to your account.

Melle

----------8<--------8<----------

EP> I've used Mailwasher, and it works.  Does slow things a down a bit.
EP> The on-line experts, writing on the subject, opine that the spammers are
EP> not deterred one wit by bouncing. Maybe spinning our wheels, wasting our
EP> time, bandwidth and ISP server time?  Any of "our" experts have an
EP> opinion on the subject of bouncing?

EP> One other expert suggestion:  Never request to be "removed" from
EP> suspected or probable Spammers by replying to remove from list.  That
EP> verifies that it's a good address to Spam and even distribute.  Any
EP> opinions???

                --- The Bat! --- Professional email client ---
                ---     http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat     ---