[1stPickSoftware] Free parental control software

  • From: "Mike the mod" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2008 20:09:16 -0800

PC Pandora Free Holiday Giveaway !!!

http://blog.pcpandora.com/2008/12/23/pandora-corp-announces-pc-pandora-free-
holiday-giveaway/

Quote:
Starting Christmas morning, parents can visit www.pcpandora.com and use the
code PCPANDORAHOLIDAY to get the current PC Pandora version 5.2 absolutely
free as a download. The giveaway will last until 11:59 PM on January 1,
2009, or until 50,000 units have been given away. There are no strings
attached; in fact, there is even an incentive: parents who take advantage
of the giveaway will be given an e-coupon to use on the next release of the
software.

In early 2009, Pandora Corp. will be releasing PC Pandora 6.0. The new
version will contain standard upgrades and modifications plus many
important new features, including the optional Pandora LIVE, a web-based
subscription service that will allow near real-time monitoring, as well as
the ability to change or modify settings remotely. Leasure says he hopes
that people find the software essential enough to come back and take a look
at the new version.

“Internet safety can’t be put on the back burner, so we’re going to
give our software away now when many people are telling us that they simply
can’t afford discretionary spending,” says Leasure. “We want parents
to see how incredibly efficient our program is and what a powerful tool it
can be in 21st century parenting. Of course, our hope is that these
families will remain loyal customers once the economy turns around, but
even if not, it’s critical that parents understand what’s happening
online.”

PC Pandora is computer monitoring software that records all activity on a
computer. The program’s first-rate monitoring capabilities take
sequential snapshots of everything that happens on the screen, thus
allowing parents to see first-hand everything their child does both on and
offline. Further details of user activity are made available in text-based
files, including instant messenger chats, emails sent and received,
websites visited, peer-2-peer files shared, keystrokes logged, programs
accessed, Internet search queries and more. The IRIS feature will even send
those text-based files right to a parent’s email – invaluable for
working moms and dads who can’t always be home when the kids are online.

Leasure says the ways that computer monitoring software can help parents
are so numerous they often don’t consider all of them.

“If your child is visiting websites you don’t approve of, talking to
strangers on social networks, creating and maintaining multiple social
network profiles, downloading illegal music and movies, or falling victim
to or – even worse – acting as a cyberbully, you will know about it if
you are monitoring their internet activity.”

Typical filters and standard blocks are easy for savvy young users to
circumnavigate, “But if you have computer monitoring software like PC
Pandora,” explains Leasure, “you’ll know what your children are doing
and be able to act appropriately.”

While almost every home in America with kids contains a computer, not
everyone can spend the extra money on the protection they need right now.

“The bottom line is keeping kids safe online,” states Leasure. “Our
Christmas gift to parents this year is giving them the tools they need to
do just that.”

Visit www.pcpandora.com between Christmas and New Year’s Day and use the
code PCPANDORAHOLIDAY at checkout to get your copy of PC Pandora for free.

Seasons Greetings
Mike the mod @ 1stpick &vista_