[1stPickSoftware] A symbol of strength finally cut down (Off topic)

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 18:51:41 -0400

I do apologize for the off topic post.  However I wanted all to
be aware.

Take a moment today to read the articles below.   Tomorrow at
10:29 (eastern) take a moment to reflect on the events and those
that were lost on September 11.  Less then 2 hours for the towers
to fall,  a lifetime to forget!

[Passages borrowed from all three articles]
The recovery operation at Ground Zero is virtually complete. The
last steel beam was cut down yesterday. It was all that remained
of the tower that collapsed at 10.29am on September 11.

The beam was cut down in a quiet ceremony that is the first of
three to mark the end of the recovery operation. Another will be
held Thursday, when the beam and an empty stretcher are carried
from the site. The third will be held on Sunday for families who
cannot attend on a weekday.

The ceremony, organized by the city, will begin at 10:29 a.m.,
the moment the second of the towers crumbled.  A Fire Department
bell will ring the signal for a fallen firefighter, after which a
stretcher with a folded flag will be carried out of the site,
honoring the victims whose remains have not been found.

A symbol of strength finally cut down
http://www.TheAge.com.au/articles/2002/05/29/1022569792845.html

Last WTC beam taken down
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_2014000/201
4581.stm

Last standing column at WTC site comes down
http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/05/28/rec.ground.zero.ap/index.html