[1stPickSites] (05/29/03) Evolution of the Car

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickSites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 10:00:27 -0400

Evolution of the Car

http://www.newscientist.com/hottopics/cars/

The New Scientist offers an interesting collection of pertinent
articles dealing with the automobile. Gentle Members unaware that
tire tread patterns are now more a marketing factor than an
engineering one, may find the site surprisingly informative.

Among the categories are Hot Stories, Green Machines, Designing
for Safety with features dealing with  headrests and their
relation to whiplash injuries, car lovers recognising vehicles as
faces, drivers listening to fast music having more accidents and
a fuel cell that detects alcoholic fumes in cars and calls the
police.

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the