[1stPickSites] (02/06/04) History of Robots in the Victorian Era

History of Robots in the Victorian Era

 Check it out at http://www.bigredhair.com/robots/

Here is the most extensive collection of images and information
on Victorian-era robots to be found in the whole World Wide Web.
Read illustrated accounts of the world's first robot, the Steam
Man, created in 1865! Subsequent automatons such as the Electric
Man and the Automatic Man are also profiled. The most
comprehensive section, with more than 20 pages, concerns the
mechanical man known as Boilerplate--described as 'charming' by
U.S. News and World Report and declared 'cool' by NASA!

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the
quotes.