[1stPickSites] (01/23/06) eGlossary

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickSites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:02:03 -0500

eGlossary

http://eglossary.com/links/

Today's site is a handy reference for tracking down the correct
technical terms in various disciplines. Readers in need of
specific terms not usually found in general dictionaries will
discover eGlossary to be an excellent source for particular
references for a wide range of subjects.

"With search and indexing capabilities that empower you to find
the exact word you need exactly when you need it, eGlossary is
the ultimate word source on the internet." - from the website

The site offers more than a dozen major subject categories,
including Art and Culture; Medicine, Health and Fitness; Science;
Government and Politics; and Lifestyle and Leisure. Within each
group there are
subdivisions to narrow reference sources to specific fields --
Architecture, Immigration, and Sports, for example. Under the
"What's Cool" heading are dictionaries deemed particularly
noteworthy, such as ArtLex, with its more than 3,300 terms
related to visual culture, with thousands of images,
pronunciation guides, quotations and cross-references.

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the
quotes.