[1stPickSites] (01/20/06) Montage-a-Google & Guess-the-Google

Montage-a-Google

http://grant.robinson.name/projects/montage-a-google/

From New Zealand's Grant Robinson, allows visitors to create a
collage by using Google's Image search facility, available at the
site. "Recycle & create your own images from the web using
Google's image search." - from the website

The site requires Macromedia's Flash 7 to work its magic. For
those who become suddenly blank when confronted with a blank line
to fill in, searches for birds, butterflies or beaches will turn
up some stunning
images for this do-it-yourself art project .

Guess-the-Google

http://grant.robinson.name/projects/guess-the-google/

After creating Montage-a-google, several people wrote to me
suggesting I make a game based on the same technology.
Montage-a-google is a simple web app that uses Google's image
search to generate a large gridded montage of images based on
keywords (search terms) entered by the user. Guess-the-google
reverses this process by picking the keywords for you, the player
must then guess what keyword made up the image - it's
surprisingly addictive.

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the