[1stPickPCHelp] Re: David Pritchard's Netgear ME102 AP - Software

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 20:38:52 -0700

Hi Kevin,
Thanks for an informative solution to the problem.

I frequently had problems with my USB ports and found that some of the more
complicated ones would not work in one port but would in another. I could
not use my scanner and digital camera at the same time.

Having everything USB is not always the best solution.
USB mouse does not work in DOS.

See my Anti-Virus pages ~ http://virusinfo.hackfix.org
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 06/05/2003 at 9:54 PM Kevin McGuire wrote:

Today I had 2 ME102s that I had to configure from Netgear.  I had 2
different disks, one with 1.3, the other with 2.0.  I installed the 1.3,
and configured one ME102 successfully.  I then tried to configure the
second ME102 with 1.3, but it came up with "The DFU driver has not been
loaded yet" error message.

What ultimately worked?  First, removing the 1.3 software.  I did it once
with the Add/Remove programs; another time, I did it with the uninstall
utility that the install created.  Second, and just as important, putting
the 2nd ME102 on a totally separate USB bus.  My PC has 2 USB ports in
front, and 2 in the rear.  The two groups are on 2 separate busses.  As
soon as I plugged the second ME102 into the rear USB group, instead of the
front one where I configured the first ME102, it was discovered correctly
by the PC and I could run the USB Manager utility to configure it.

Kevin McGuire
Integrity Computer Consultants
www.integritycomputerconsultants.com
781-559-8118 business line