Problems logging in?
A lot of folks seem to be having problems logging into the web interface at
Chances are that it's not a problem with the server, so please have a look
at the following tips before requesting help:
- » Be sure you're logging in with the email address that you're subscribed
to list(s) with, or that you plan to subscribe with.
- » If you've forgotten your password, keep in mind that you can always
request another authorization code by logging in without entering a
- » If you're on a modem, make sure that you login after receiving the
authorization code and set a password before disconnecting. The
authorization code you receive is based partially on the IP address you
request it from. The code won't work if it's sent from a different IP
address, and when you disconnect/reconnect your modem, you usually get a
different IP address.
- » If it's the first time you've logged in, make sure you're entering the
authorization code that was emailed to you when you first logged in without
entering any password. Instructions for this are on the main login page
(above). The code is a long string of numbers and letters.
- » Make sure that you're not entering the code with any spaces on either
side of the string. This is tricky; just make sure that when you copy and
paste it in that you select only the letters and numbers, and not any of the
space on either side of the code. This is the #1 cause of problems.
- » Once you've logged in, enter a password in the provided boxes at the
bottom of the page. This will prevent you from having to request and enter
an authorization string everytime you login.
- » If you're getting an error like "An error occurred in the processing of
your request," chances are that the problem is more serious. If you're
behind a web proxy, this is a sign that it's configured incorrectly -- if
it's inappropriately caching pages, it will get in the way of the Web
Interface's operation, and you'll get this error. If possible, turn off
this proxy. If that's not possible, find whoever's running it, and tell
him/her to fix it.
If you're still unable to login, please contact
us, and we'll see what we can do.