[win2kforum] Re: FW: MSCOFIG

  • From: "ds" <dschilling@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2002 12:10:24 -0500

Sorry, there is no msconfig or its equivalent in 2K. MS wasn't thinking
when they pulled that trick and they have reintroduced it in XP. There
are several workarounds. It is possible to copy it off of the 98/ME disk
for use in 2K. See
http://searchwin2000.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid1_gci558725,00.html

Or you can use a third-party solution. Two that I use are StartMan at:

http://www.forrestandassociates.co.uk/pcforrest/startman_v1.html

or a very nice one from Mike Lin at:

http://www.mlin.net/StartupCPL.shtml

Here's a listing of more third-party solutions:

http://www.govital.net/~soz/lists/Startup_Tools.htm

Denise

Windows NT:  Why crash 1 when you can crash 6?

Hi Guys.
Could someone tell me what's the equivalent of Win98's "MSCONFIG" on
Windows 2000?
(The reason for asking is, that I do not find the MSCONFIG on my W2K
Pro.)

Thanks
Oded

-----

put "unsubscribe" in the subject of the message.
win2kforum-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-----