[wdmaudiodev] Re: Mixer API under Vista build 5308

  • From: Richard Fricks <Richard.Fricks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:27:50 -0700

I have emailed those of you who have responded to me indicating you have
applications that you believe should run under the "Mixer Compatibility Mode".
If you have not heard back from me but do have an application that falls into
this category please email me directly at Richard.Fricks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Note
that with Vista RC1 (build 6500) you can test this mode by right clicking on
the application and bringing up the properties dialog box. On the
"Compatibility" tab check the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" box
and select "Windows XP (Service Pack 2)" in the dropdown. This will activate
the Mixer compatibility shim for that application.

Thanks,

Richard Fricks
Microsoft Corporation