<USS Eagle> Father's Advice

  • From: Jen <imsprite1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "commoaprlfyrstk@xxxxxxx" <commoaprlfyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 05:15:12 -0800 (PST)

  After all the counseling, the talk with Gwen, and others Melody still could
not ignore her feelings for Malachi. What made it harder was the fact that the
two of them shared a psionic link of some sort. The only person she had yet to
talk to was Commodor Fyrstk himself. She need to know how he felt about the
situation. So after her shift ended Melody went back to her quarters, changed
out of her uniform, and put on a nice white dress, something appropreat to
meeting parents. Melody then asked the computer to locate Captain Fyrstk and it
told her he was in his quarters. She concentrated for a moment to locate
Malachi and sensed that he was in the Eagle's Nest. The blank spot she felt
next to him must have been the cyborg science cheif, Lt. Tracy.
   Melody quickly made her way to the Captain's quarters and rang the chime.

Lukas had just sat ack i his favorite chair and put his feet up.  It had been a
relatively quiet, ut seemingly long day.  He almost wished that mysterious ship
would attack again, just to get this out of his mind.  He really disliked loose
ends.  As the chime rang, Lukas sat upright in his chair and called out,
"Enter."  He was indeed surprised to see who was standing there when the door
opened.

Dr. Melody?  To what do Ah owe the pleasure of your visit?  Mal is not here at
the moment."

    "Please just call me Melody, sir." She said with a smile and a cursie as
she entered the room. "I am aware that Malachi isn't here. I came to talk to
you, about Mal, because he is your son. As you already know, I believe I am in
love with Mal. I have already been lectured about Starfleet's view of the
situation due to the Mal's age. But I wanted, no, I needed to know what your
thoughts on this matter are. Not as my Captain, or a member of Starfleet, but
as Malachi's father. I also need you to know that it's not just Mal who is in
love for the first time."
  Lukas looked at this young girl for a long moment.  What in the world would
he tell her.  Tell her she's too old?  Tell her how society would look down on
this relationship?  How it culd e the ruin of her career in Starfleet?  No.
She didn't want to hear that.  Gwen's proaly already told her that.  Denex has
proaly already told her that.  She wants his opinion as Malachi's father.
Lukas indicated to a seat in the room.  He waited til Melody was seated.

"First off," he started out.  "For me to seperate you from one of mah crew is
not as easy as you think, BUT... crewmembers fall in love all the tahme.  This
is something that has to be dealt with.

"As a father.... Ah look at you and say, 'She is a Starfleet officer..more so,
she is a doctor.'  There should be a level of maturity associated with those
two points that would put you aove Malachi, and SOMEWHERE along the lahne there
is, or you wouldn't even be aboard mah ship.  Someone, somewhere had to make
the fahnal decision to say this girl is mature enough to handle lahfe aboard a
starship.  If that's not the case, then something is severely lacking at the
academy.  Essentialy Ah would look at you and say, 'Whah is she falling in love
with a 14-year-old boy?' So, am Ah in favor of you eing lovers with mah son? No.

"Now.  That doesn't mean you aren't in love with Malachi, or he isn't in love
with you.  Any feelings Ah have about appropriateness or inappropriateness of
your relationship is not meant to demean either yours or Malachi's feelings.
Ah have no doubt they are real.  Hell!  Ah can still remember the first tahem
Ah fell in love, and Ah was sure she loved me too, but that's just the thing,
Mal's sexual  awareness, as well as yours (apparently) are just developing.
You both may change within the year, or.... this could actually be it for the
both of you, but only tahme wil tell that tale."

He looked into the eyes of the young medical assistant.  "Does any of that make
any sense?"

  Melody sat with her hands in her lap. "It does but I feel the need to explain
what happened. Mal caught me at a time when I was feeling very vunerable. It
was after all the events that happen with Casey, the pain I had with my
awakeing powers, and the encounter with the being of light in sickbay. I was
scared. Nothing at Starfleet could have perpared me for those events. Being
attacked by Romulans, heck even the Borg I think I could have handled. I didn't
know Mal was only 14 at the time. He sure didn't act like a typical 14 year
old. " Melody had to laugh. "At fourteen I thought boys were the ickies thing
in existance. Anyway, Mal was helping me test my new powers when we had a link
and in the breif moment I saw that he was thinking of me in a way that I never
knew anyone would think of me. That is where the complication comes in. Ever
since then I have felt that link between us still exists. I can tell where he
is on the ship, I know when he is thinking about me. I think
 I pulled
 him into my nightmare when you, Rommie and he were on that planet and the
Eagle was approching and recently we shared a dream where Mal, Ratcht, Gwen and
I were fighting those red creatures useing our mind powers. But Mal and I have
this link and it makes it hard to ignore feelings for him when I can feel him.
I am doing my best but its not easy."

Lukas nodded his understanding.  He could only imagine what image Melody might
have picked up off Malachi.  At least he remembered what he was thinking of
pretty girls when he was Mal's age..

"Ah know it's not easy, Melody," Lukas said, taking on a fatherly tone.  "Ah
certanly wouldn't advahse yout, or want you to ignore your feelings.  Just put
them into perspective.  You are both maturing in .... sexual ways.  You both
have to grow quahte a bit."

  Melody smiled. "I am glad you are so understanding. I thank you for taking
the time to listen to me." With that she stood, cursied again and left.

  OFF:

  Doctor Melody (LtJG)
  Assistant Medical Officer
  USS Eagle