<USS Eagle> Tactical Evaluation Report (After sim on 0412.15)

  • From: "Gwen Marqusa" <Gweniveremarqusa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 00:03:43 -0600

To: Commodore Fyrstk
Re: Tactical Evaluation Report
Stardate: 58955.02

     Weapons mostly ineffective against the alien ship.  Their shielding is of unknown origin and seemed to absorb the energy from the phasers and photon torpedoes.  The only weapons to make an impact were the quantum torps.  Unfortunately they did very little damage.  It may very well have been the combination of the phasers and the quantum torpedoes that allowed our weapons to make impact.  The phasers could have "drained" the shielding enough so that it was not capable of absorbing the quantum torpedoes.  This may be a weakness in their defense.  However, it will still take a lot of firepower to take that thing down.  Possibly more then one vessel will be required.  I was unable to find any source of propulsion.  They were also able easily match our speed.  Combine those things and you have a ship that you can't out run, and takes a lot to bring down.
     Their weapons are no joy either.  It only took 5 hits from their weapons to "destroy."   They weapons appeared to be made of pure plasma.  However, I would need a sample to be sure of that.  They have the capacity to fire at least four of them at one time.  The volleys did come somewhat separated, which may indicate that they require a bit of time to recharge the system.  However, it was not a lot of time.  It may also be that they didn't feel the need to fire the volleys one after the other.
     As far as the performance of my staff, even though the Eagle was destroyed, They performed admirably.  My performance can always be critiqued.  I did not make any obvious errors.  Based on the tactical situation of the alien ship, it is unlikely that any change in my reaction would have resulted in a better outcome.  I would like to get more information on this alien ship.  Namely, how it moves and any weakness in their ship.  I was unable to discern any actual weakness in their hull.  They didn't appear to have any vulnerable parts.

Lt. Cmdr. Gwenivere Marqusa
AXO/CSec/Tac
USS Eagle