<USS Eagle> Personal Log after sim on 0412.08

  • From: "Gwen Marqusa" <Gweniveremarqusa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 11:44:06 -0600

Personal Log
Stardate 58953.08

     There is only a couple of days of shoreleave left.  I had hoped to spend some of that time with Rommie, but timing just wasn't right.   After the  joyride, turned rescue mission, turned . . . whatever it was, I went back home for a week.  I thought about asking Rommie to go with me, but it just didn't seem right.  I do really like him, but I think my mom would get the wrong idea.  We've gone out on a couple of dates, but aren't even officially dating . . . at least I don't think.  I know that if he had come home with me, my mom would have been constantly asking him when we were getting married.  That would probably have scared him off, it scared the last guy I brought him.
     I only spent a week at home.  In that week, my mom tried to set me up with Tiergan.  I really wish she wouldn't do that sort of thing.  Tiergan is a nice enough guy I guess, but, I'm not interested in him.
     When I returned to San Francisco, I found out that Rommie had returned to his home planet.  He most likely won't be back till leave is up.  It's a several day journey there and back.  I have found things to do to fill up my time.  Mostly catching up on work.  Since I'm doing the job of both Security Chief, and XO, I end up having a lot of work.  I leave most of it up to Soren, but it's still my responsibility.  I've just been checking over things to make sure all is well.  Soren really does do a good job.  She will make an excellent chief of security.  I would be surprised if she's not filling that position within 6 months.  If not on the Eagle, then on some other ship.

END Log

Lt.Cmdr. Gwen Marqusa
ACO
USS Eagle