<USS Eagle> Personal Log

  • From: GwenivereMarqusa@xxxxxxx
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 17:35:47 EST

Personal Log
Stardate  0410.27

      That was one VERY strange mission.  The ship just disappeared.  I know
it was there.  I saw it.  Heck, I was even ON it.  But, now there  is no
trace of it.  It's like it never existed.  Freaky if you ask  me.
     I  know what my Mom would have said if I were to write home about this.
She's  very traditional in her way of thinking and would have immediately
spotted the  coincidence that this strangeness appeared around Samhain*.  I'm
sure she  would have gone into one of her rants about how this was a bad omen
for
things  to come.  That the people's cry of the red thingy coming, was a sign
that  something would befall the Eagle soon.  I really don't give in to
superstition much.  However, with the Eagle's luck, something bad WILL  befall
it.
I don't need an omen to tell me that.  History does a very  good job at it.
     I  do plan on writing home, but not about this.  I don't think I'll even
make  mention of this.  However, I know my Mom would LOVE to hear how I got
promoted to Lt. Commander.  I know she'd be very proud of me.  I still  can't
believe how quickly I've been promoted up through the ranks.  I never
expected it.  Not that I would wish for anything different.

END Log

Lt. Cmdr. Gwenivere  Marqusa
AXO/CSec/Tac
USS Eagle

*Samhain is the Celtic  Halloween.   "(pronounced "SOW-in" in Ireland,
SOW-een in Wales, "SAV-en" in  Scotland or even "SAM-haine" in non Gaelic
speaking
countries)  . .  .  The Samhain Holiday begins at  sundown on October 31st. The
nightide was always a time to be wary of walking  alone in the countryside.
So much more on this Night when the veils between the  worlds of humans and
spirits was at its thinnest. Traditional lore speaks of the  dead returning to
visit their kin and the doors to the Lands of the Sidhe  (pronounced "shee") or
Faery Realm being opened. "  (information  taken from:
_http://aimutation.com/viewtopic.php?t=4224_
(http://aimutation.com/viewtopic.php?t=4224)  ).