<USS Eagle> "The Comm Signal"

  • From: Lukas <CaptFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "April Styles" <CommoAprlFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:12:27 -0400

OFF

Back to the present

ON

As Lukas waited for an answer from Lt. Haas about what he was able to tell the Eagle of their situation, he not only heard the sounds of transporters over the comm badge signal, but near him as well.  No sooner had he heard the sound, than Lt. Commander Evans was pushing him inside an alcove.  She didn't have time to push Malachi into the same alcove before the two security officers saw her.

"Just be calm," she said to Malachi.  "You look enough like a natural so you should be allright."

The two security men approached the two. Lukas remained hidden in the alcove.  "All right Evans," said one of the guards.  "Where is the communicator?"

"I don't hve one," Evans said cooly to the guard.  "Captain Prentiss made certain of that.  You can search me...."

"That's exactly what I'm going to do," the guard said.  He roughly pushed her against the wall and started to search her body, having no concern for her modesty.  "Search the boy," he told hte second guard.

"He looks clean," the second guard told the first.  It was obvious Malachi didn't have many places where he could hide anything.  "Ain't wearing anything but them britches."

"Search him, I said!" ordered the first guard.  The second guard just shook his head unbelievvingly and made Malstand against the wall.  He then proceeded to search Mal, loking for any hidden devices.  Lukas could see what was going on and wanted to help.  He knew he could take both security officers by complete surprise, but knew more would follow if these two did not report in.

"He's clean," repeated the second guard.  He watched as the first was still searching Evans.

"Doing young boys now, Evans," the first guard asked.

"He's more man than you'll ever be," Evans said back to him.  She quickly regretted her words as the guard smacked her head into the wall and continued his search, going over her body a second time.  "Did you think we wouldn't detect a comm signal?  Stupid %$#!. "  He turned to the other guard.  "Look around.  See if she ditched the equipment." He turned his face back to Evans.  "And don't you worry, We'll get your compatriots too."

The second guard started looking around.  He was checking nearby doorways to see if they were unlocked and could be a place where Evans would hide whatever equipment she was using.  Lukas could hear him approaching.  He positioned himself so that he could take the guard by complete surprise.  Just as the guard was about to enter the alcove, Malachi sprung into action.

Mal had seen the first guard was preoccupied by holding and "searching Evans.  With the second guard almost ready to find his father Malachi saw his chance.  He bolted.  Right towards the second security officer, and right past him grabbing the security guards phaser as he did.  He ran as fast as he could down the block and around the corner.  The guard instantly set off in pursuit.

"Stupid idiot," the first guard muttered.  "I should shoot him instead."

"Shame you won't get the chance," Lukas said as he stepped out of the alcove and stunned the guard with his phaser.  He had wanted to avoid this but things were getting out of hand.  He turned to take out the guard who was pursuing Malachi but saw the man suddely fly backwards as he was hit by the stun beam from his own phaser.  Malachi walked casually around the corner a moment later.  He dropped the phaser on the stunned guard's chest and looked to his father.

"He had that thing on kill," Mal said.

"You took a big chance, son," Lukas chided.

"He wasn't even close to drawing his phaser, sir," Mal replied.  "I thought it might be the best way to keep you hidden."

"Now what, sir?" Evans asked.  "They're going to come look for those guards when they don't report in."

"Let them come look," Lukas said.  "This will give them a new concern.  Grab both phasers, Commander., and let's go look at those shuttles."

OFF
Commodore Fyrstk
Commanding Officer
USS Eagle