<USS Eagle> "Starfleet Oppression"

  • From: Lukas <CaptFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "April Styles" <CommoAprlFyrstk@xxxxxxx>, RobertObrian01@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 13:31:47 -0400

ON

As soon as Lukas was certain they were no longer in danger, he rose from the bed he had been forced into, wrapped himself in the blanket which had been on the bed and walked out to the main room of their current sanctuary.  The woman who had originally helped them turned from the window.

"I'm sorry, Commodore," she said, looking at Lukas.  "if we embarrassed you or members of your party, but it was the fastest way I could think to hide you."

"It is alrahght," Lukas said, understandingly.  He knew that sometimes, drastic measures needed to be taken.  "Whah do these people hate Statfleet?  And whah..." Lukas stopped mid-sentence as a thought ocurred to him.  "You called me Commodore.  You recognise our rank pins?"

"E-excause me, ma'am," Rommie said, trying to get out from under the woman whom had chosen him.  He heard the commodore's voice and figured it was now safe to go out.  He, too, grabbed the blanket off the bed and walked to the outer room.

"I .... I am totally sorry," Malachi said quickly.  He moved to a sitting position on the bed and covered himself with his hands.  He looked around the room for something more to cover up with.

"It's okay," the woman said soothingly.  "It is understandable and flattering.  Don't worry."  She ran her fingers under Mal's chin as she rose and crossed to the chest of drawyers on the opposite wall.  She reached in and pulled out a pair of short pants from one of the drawyers.  "Here.  Put these on.  It is more to what boys of your age wear than your Federation clothing."

Mal quickly pulled them on and stood up.  The pants were just a bit loose around his waist, but they would do.  He tried not to watch as the woman pulled her own meager one piece dress over her head.  They walked back out to the main room.

"Yes, sir," the woman said answering Lukas's question.  The way she had said "Sir" was more of one oficer to another.  "I am quite familiar with Starfleet and it's ranks."  She looked one of the other women in the room.  See if there is any garb for the Commodore and lieutenant."  As the woman nodded and moved back into one of the rooms the woman in charge looked back at Lukas.

"Mr. Haas?"  Lukas asked.  "Have you any ahdea what year we are in?  Did we go back in tahme?  Forward?"

"As n-near as I can tell, sir," Rommie said.  He looked around for his tricorder and was quickly handed it by one of the women.  "We are still in our normal present-day.  I do believe th-the gateway was showing presnt time o-of this particular planet."

"I can confirm that, sir," Mal said.  "I can still feel Mom, and don't ask me how, but it just feels the same as always.  I-I can also tell you we are not anywhere near the ship, sir.  I can not longer feel......anyone aboard."  He was going to say he could no longer feel Melody, but he wasn't sure how his father felt about the two of them.

Lukas nodded.  He made a mental note to try and learn more about Mal's growing abilities.  Now the problem came to be finding out where they were.  If the woman knew whom Starfleet was, maybe she would know more about their planet and a possible way to contact the Eagle.

"You came through a Gateway?" the woman asked.

"Yes," Lukas confirmed.  "Something known as an Ahconian Gateway..."

"An Iconian Gateway?" the woman who had been with Malachi suddenly asked.  "I have .... or had been , studying them."

"And a gateway does explain how you were able to get here without being destroyed," the woman in charge commented.  She seemed a bit disappointed at this discovery.

Now, the Eagle away team were all exchanging puzzled glances.  Lukas turned again, to the woman in charge.  "How is it you know about Starfleet.  And who or what would have destroyed us had we come into orbit under nromal conditions?"

"Well, sir," said the woman."It is because I am also, or was, a Starfleet officer."  She extended a hand.  "Lt Commander Deelia Evans of the U.S.S. Macedonia."

Rommie searched his memory.  "The Macedonia?" He finally asked.  "Th-they went MIA, presumed destroyed, almost a year and a half ago."

"No, Lieutenant," Evans said.  "The Macedonia was not destroyed.  It is in one piece in orbit of this planet.  It is ow Captain Prentiss maintains rule over this planet and why the native population hates Starfleet."

Off
Commodore Lukas Fyrstk
Commanding Officer

Lt. Roman Haas