<USS Eagle> AXO/Tac Log

  • From: GwenivereMarqusa@xxxxxxx
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 13:19:56 EDT

Duty Log
Stardate  0409.29

      The crew of the McKinley has been found and no foul play appears to be
involved.  A planet that had been cloaked for over a thousand years,  finally
started to appear.  The cloak was apparently failing.  An away  team was sent
down and succumbed to the same carefree feelings, that the away  team I lead
when rescuing Commander Bass, felt.  We were lucky to get out  of that
situation ourselves.  I believe that the seriousness of our mission  helped us
fight the effects long enough for us to find a cure.
      The McKinley was exploring the planet, a carefree attitude would not,
at first,  have seemed contradictory to their mission.  That might have been
all that  it took.  Also, the fact that the Captain beamed down on the mission
might  have allowed the entire crew to become infected.  The Captain is the
only  person on the ship that doesn't have another person he directly reports
on  the ship.  If people don't know what's going on, they generally give the
Captain the benefit of the doubt, as it definitely should be.
      All crew members were found, and no harm was done.  Asides from the
possible annoyance of Admiral Gaolino.  I'm not sure if that counts really  as
any harm.  Though, that remains to be seen.  Gaolino may decide to  seek
retribution.  But then, Gaolino doesn't need any excuses to cause the  Eagle
trouble.  Our time in this region has been anything but  boring.

END Log

Lt. Gwenivere  Marqusa
AXO/CSec/Tac
USS  Eagle