<USS Eagle> "Concerns Resolved"

  • From: "Gwen Marqusa" <GwenivereMarqusa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 11:15:43 -0500

:ON:

     Gwen sat up on the biobed, she was still a little disoriented from the experience.  She looked around the Eagle sickbay and wondered how in the world she got here.  The last thing she remembered was disappearing from the holodeck and seeing Chalace's face.  Then something stung her, and she woke up on the Eagle.
     Ratch Moved over and scanned Gwen, "You gave us quite a scare Gwen.  You just vanished during the middle of the game."
     Rommie thought the TL was going way too slow, even though it only took five seconds to get to Deck 5.  As the doors slid open, he burst through them and ran to sickbay.  The doors to sickbay couldn't open fast enough for him.
     "Gwen!" Rommie said as he rushed over to the bio-bed where she was siting.  "Are you alright?  D-did he hurt you at all?"
     Gwen smiled.  She was glad that Rommie was here.  "I'm fine Rommie."  She turned to Ratch, "Aren't I doc?"
     Ratch just nodded, "Yeah.  I suppose you're going to want to go rushing out of here, aren't you?"
     Rommie reached over put his hand on top of Gwen's.  "I couldn't believe it when I-I just saw your broom hinging in mid-air."
     Gwen smiled, "I bet that had to be interesting to see.  Too bad I missed it."  She still had on the bracelet that Chalace gave her.  She totally forgot she even had it on anymore.
     Rommie glanced down at her arm.  He noticed the bracelet.  "Where did you get that?"
     She looked down at the bracelet, trying to think of where it had come from.  Whispering to herself as she realized where it came from, "Chalace."
     "Chalace gave this to me when Tru and I gave him a lift home.  I meant to take it off, but just forgot about it."
     Rommie looked at the bracelet and then glanced up to Ratchet.  "Ratch?  You got a tri-corder handy?"  When she brought one over to him, Rommie adjusted the settings off medical and scanned the bracelet.
     "That's h-how he got you off the station, Gwen.  It's emitting a homing beacon."
     On the bridge, Lukas made certain that Max had done as he asked, and sent the ship on a course back to Carvance.   He stood up from the command seat and turned towards the tactical station.
     "Lt. Borek," he said.  "You have the bridge.  Ah'll be in sickbay."
     Aye, Captain," the one replied.
     Lukas moved up and into the turbolift.
     "A homing beacon?  You sure Rommie?"  She looked up at him
     Haas scanned the bracelet again.  When he confirmed his readings, he turned the tricorder so Gwen could see the readout.  "I'm positive."
     Gwen sighed, "I knew the guy was very annoying, but I can't believe he'd have planned something like this.  I figured it was just something spontaneous, done in the heat of the moment."
     Lukas walked through the doors of sick bay and spotted Gwen right away.  In as serious a tone as he could muster he looked at Rommie and said, "Lieutenant.  Ah don't believe you asked to be dismissed from the bridge."
     Gwen tried to stifle a giggle.  She'd seen Lukas play the mean guy before and new he just liked to give people a hard time.  She hoped Rommie would take it that way too.
     Rommie searched Lukas's eyes.  At first he wasn't sure, but then he tried to hide his own smile.  He stood military straight, and saluted the captain.
     "I was checking on the first officer, SIR, and KNEW you would want a report straight away, SIR!"
     Lukas couldn't resist the smile.  "Are you certain you didn't have.... other motives, Lieutenant?"
     Gwen couldn't help but laugh.  As much as she tried to hide it, a little still came out.
     "If I did, sir," Rommie said, relaxing and looking to Gwen. "I'll never let on."
     "Ah think you just did, Rommie," Lukas said in a much softer voice.  He looked to Gwen.  "How are you feeling, Gwen?"
     Ratch looked at the exchange and shook her head.  At first she thought Rommie was seriously in trouble, but now it looked like it was all a joke.  She remembered the Captain having done something like that to her before, a long time ago.  She still didn't understand it all.
     Gwen smiled to the Captain, "I'm fine sir.  Just waiting to get out of sickbay.  Never been a fan of being a patient in one of these places."
     "You cain get out of here once the doctor releases y'all," Lukas told her.  "What was with this ambassador, anyhow?"
     Gwen looked from Lukas to Rommie.  She hadn't mentioned all the . . . attention that the Ambassador had given her in the past.
     "Well, I guess you could say he was stalking me sir.  Every time I saw him, he kept hitting on me.  He purposely requested me to fly him back to Carvance.
     "He gave me this bracelet.  Refused to let me say no too it.  I figured it was more of his flirting and what not.  But, Rommie said that there was a homing beacon in it.  I guess he must have been planning on kidnapping me before the journey.
     "I never thought he was dangerous."
     Rommie was seething inside.  He seriously wanted to get aboard the ambassador's ship and make him pay for kidnapping Gwen.
     "H-how did you ever meet him?" Rommie asked, trying to keep the anger out of his voice.
     Gwen squeezed his hand.  She could easily sense his anger, even though she was trying to block it out.  When it came to Rommie, she always had troubles putting up blocks.
     "He was an Ambassador.  I guess he must have spotted me at a party on the starbase one time.  He then planned on meeting me.  He had purposely requested me to transport him in the past."
     "It's a safe bet his ambassador days are over," Lukas said. "As well as any days of freedom.  The Carvance government does not take lahghtly one of it's representatives resorting to kidnaping."
     "I think he needs help more then confinement."
     "I-if I recall my Carvance history," Rommie said thoughtfully, "They aren't big on rehabilitation.  E-especially of government officials who screw up."
     Gwen shook her head, "That is a shame."
     She turned to Ratch, "Can I go yet Doc?"
     Ratch looked down at her tricorder and nodded, "Yeah.  You're perfectly healthy."  She headed off towards her office.
     "That's all Ah need to hear," Lukas said with a smile.  "Gwen.  If you feel you need some tahme to talk with SB-32-Fahve's counselor, you cain take all the tahme you need."
     "No thanks Captain.  I'm fine.  I'd just like to get back to work."  She paused in thought.
     "That's fahne also," Lukas told her.  "Ah'm headed back to the bridge.  You cain return to duty when you feel up to it."
     "What about the Quidditch Match sir?"
      "Ah'm sure it will be re-scheduled," the captain said.  "Even though Josie turned up with the snitch, Ah'm not certain it was all that fair."
     "Oh?"  She slid off the biobed, still holding Rommie's hand, "Not fair how sir?"
     "From what Ah overheard on the bridge," Lukas said, "She apparently caught it right after the red alert sounded.  Ah would assume everyone else's attention was on other things then."
     "I-I know, the remainder of the game w-was the last thing I was thinking about," Rommie told the two.
     "Ahh, okay.  I thought you might have referred to her cybernetics.  I know it can be hard to refrain from using it, especially to get that little extra edge.
     "I'm sure Rommie or I will contact the Intrepid to reschedule.  Hopefully reschedule soon."
     Lukas raised an eyebrow.  "Ah never even considered her cahbernetics.  Ah guess that could give her quahte an advantage.  Even over a Vulcan."
     "Yeah, she was asked to tone it down for the try-outs.  I never thought to remind her that she should also do it for the game.  Oh well."
     "I-I never thought about it either," Rommie admitted.
     "I'm glad to be back, even though I didn't realize I was gone for very long.  I think I'll get some food and then get back to duty."
     "You do that," Lukas said, his smile returning.  "And, Mr. Haas?  Whah don't you see to it the XO makes it safely to the mess hall."
     "Aye, Captain," Rommie said, all businesslike.  "I-I do believe I can handle that."
     Gwen couldn't hide the smile.

:OFF:

Commodore Lukas Fyrstk
Commanding Officer