<USS Eagle> Conversation Number 2

  • From: "Gwen Marqusa" <GwenivereMarqusa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 02:32:58 -0500

:ON:

     Gwen walked out of the holodeck and sighed.  That could have gone better.  She needed to talk to someone who might know what was going on, but was more neutral.  The situation with Melody and Ratch was not good.  She hoped that it wasn't affecting the entire medical staff.  Muerta was the best person to ask about that.  so, she headed off to find Muerta.
     "Computer, locate Lt. Muerta."
     The computer chimed back, "Lt. Muerta is located in the Eagle's Nest."
     Muerta sat in the Eagle's Nest, relaxing.  She was having a drink after a long shift.  She always liked to wind down the day with a glass of Dr. Resork's special wine.  There were definitely days when she missed him.  He was a great guy with many talents.  He also liked to have fun when there was nothing to do in sickbay.  She remember the times they would just sit in his office and have a drink.  Or run off to the Eagle's Nest for a while.
     But then he upped and left.  No warning, no goodbye, no nothing.  He left her with a mess in sickbay.  It took had taken them a while before they found a new doctor, leaving her in charge.  That had been interesting.
     Gwen walked into the Eagle's Nest and looked around.  She spotted Muerta easily and headed over to the table the Nurse was sitting at.
     "Mind if I join you for a few minutes?"
     Muerta looked up and smiled, "Not at all Gwen, have a seat.  To what do I owe this pleasure?"
     "Thanks."  Gwen sat down, "I need to ask you a few questions.  About things that have gone on in sickbay."
     "Oh?  What sort of questions?"
     "Concerning Melody and Ratch . . . and their relationship in sickbay."
     "Oh."  She sat her drink down and sighed a little.  "That's a loaded question."
     Gwen nodded, "I kind of figured that.  I read over one of Melody's Duty Logs.  In there she accused Ratch of pretty much abandoning her duties.  Claimed Ratch was never in sickbay and that she was always playing games, computer games."
     "I see.  Well, I can tell you that Ratch is definitely not abandoning her duties.  She doesn't spend a lot of time in sickbay.  But then, there isn't always a lot of things to do in sickbay.  With us having two doctors now and a full medical staff.  When Ratch is on duty, she usually is either in sickbay, or on the Bridge.
     "You ask me, I think she has some ulterior motives for going up to the bridge."  She grinned.
     Gwen chuckled.  She had a pretty good idea what Muerta was referring to.
     "I think so too.
     "Anyways, Thank you Muerta.  You'll let me know if there's anymore trouble?"
     "Of course Gwen.  Don't I always?"  She grinned and raised her glass to Gwen.
     Gwen headed out of the Eagle's Nest.  She still had one more stop to make before she could relax herself.

:OFF:

Lt. Cmdr. Gwen Marqusa
AXO/CSec/Tac
USS Eagle