<USS Eagle> Favor

  • From: "Gwen Marqusa" <GwenivereMarqusa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 21:17:44 -0500

:ON:

      Roman Haas looked up to the ship's acting commanding officer.  "C-certainly, Gwen.  What's on your mind?  Excellent ch-choices for the team by the way."
     Gwen moved away from the others, she didn't want anyone to over hear her next comment.  Quietly, "Yeah, well, I could have done without a certain player being on the team."
     Raising her voice to normal levels, she continued, "But, that's not exactly what I wanted to talk to you about."
     Rommie chuckled good naturedly.  Despite his previous conversation with Vanik, he did not feel any ill towards him. "Vanik is okay.  He just needs to get o-over himself.  He will be a good team player.  S-so what else can I do for you?"
     Gwen couldn't help but smile, "Who said it was Vanik?
     "Anyways, what I wanted to talk to you about is coaching.
     "I have been kind of acting as defacto coach.  However, I would rather not continue.  I was wondering if you would be willing to take over  that position?"
     "Absolutely," Haas said with a broad smile. "I would be g-glad to do any part to help the ship win."
     "Good!  Then you can worry about setting up a practice schedule and what not based on everyone's duty shift.
     "You know, you did do a good job today.  It could not have been an easy decision for Soren to make.  Even though she'd never admit that."
     "Thanks," Haas said with an easy smile.  "I- I am certain Soren made the most logical choices for the team."  He glanced around for the seeker candidates.  "H-how do you suppose Malachi took the news?"
     "Oh man, that was the hardest decision for me.  I wanted both Josie and Mal to be seeker.  But I'm sure Mal will take it better then most people.  I wish there was someway to keep him involved.  He's probably one of the most enthusiastic players."
     "I-I will talk with him," Rommie said.  "See if he wants to h-help me coach the practices."
     Gwen smiled, "Thanks Rommie.  We're definitely going to keep that title."
     "We'd better," Rommie joked.  "Commodore Fyrstk wi-will have us both scrubbing J-Jefferies tubes otherwise."
     Gwen laughed.  "Yeah.  Speaking of the Captain.  Any idea of when he'll be back?"
     "I s-suspect a couple more days," Haas commented.  "I-I would imagine he'll probably see his mother a-and father while he is there."
     Gwen nodded, "I know that I would.  My mom would kill me if I didn't!"  She grinned, "I wonder if he'll want to tryout for the team, or if he'll be content to sit on the sidelines."
     "I-I'm sure now that the team's set, he will be content watching the game."
     "Well, as coach, it'll be your decision if you allow him to try out or not.  At the beginning, I did mention that anyone who got the keeper position might have to battle the CO for the position."
     "I will check w-with him when he gets back," Rommie assured her.
     "Good.  I'll leave it to you.
     "You know, I'm starting to get hungry, you want to go get something to eat?"
     "You using your telepathy on me?" Rommie asked with a wink and a smile.

:OFF:

Lt. Cmdr. Gwen Marqusa
AXO/CSec/Tac
USS Eagle