<USS Eagle> "War Games Critiqie"

  • From: Lukas <CaptFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "April Styles" <CommoAprlFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:10:13 -0400

ON

The transporter chief looked up from his controls after he had verified the signal being sent from the USS Forrester.  The officer beaming aboard mateialized in the normal fashion.  The chief watched her solidify and checked his read-outs again.  What was taking so long?  The transport should be complete, yet...

"Is there a problem, Chief?" asked the form on the transporterplatform.  Se strode forward stooping just short of stepping off. "Request permission to come aboard."

The chief just stared at her.  Her Starfleet uniform was still shimmering as if caught in the transporter beam.  At times it was as solid as his own and then almost completely transparent.  She stood two and a half meters tall, and was extremel slender.  Her dark green hair was a perfect match for her emerald green skin color.  She smiled as she immediately recognised the problem.

"You have never seen an Llavian before, have you chief," she stated.  Her voice had a sing-song, very soothing quality to it.   "It is a good thing I had my transporter chief handle the transport then, isn't it?"

"Aye, sir," replied the chief petty officer.  She was right.  He had been negligent in his knowledge of her kind and could have caused her harm if the transport had not been handled correctly.  A mistake he would not make again. "permission granted, Captain.  Commodore Fyrstk is expecting you in his ready room."

"Thank you, Chief," Captain Snervia said.  She stepped off the transporter, her uniform, actually a manifestation being maintained by the Llavian's mind still shimmering.

As the door chime sounded, Lukas stood.  "Enter."  He readied himself for the captivating appearance of the Llavian.   To his right, his step-son Malachi Styles also rose.  Lukas wanted Malachi present so he could witness the value of a critique of the mock battle between the two starships.

"Snervie," Lukas said as the Llavian entered the ready room.  "A pleasure to see you again.  May Ah introduce mah step-son, Malachi Stahles."

"It is pleasing to see you again, Lukas," Snervia replied.  She turned and nodded to Malachi who was trying his best not to stare at the captivating woman.  "Young Master Styles, prodigy of Fleet Commodore April Styles-Fyrstk.  I have admiration adn respect for your mother."

"Thank...you....ma'am," Malachi said quietly, finding his voice.

"Please, Captain, have a seat," Lukas offered, pointing to the table with a hot cup of blue liquid upon it.

"Llavian tea.  How thoughtful, Lukas," replied Snervia as she sat down.

LUkas also sat at the tale, and Malachi joined them, sitting directly to his step-father's right.  "Nice tactic on emerging from the "storm," Snervia.  You almost had me."

"And I would have, had you not inflicted such "damage" to the Forrester<" Snervia replied.  Her melodic voice betrayed no ill feelings to her ship being defeated.  "The new shield configurations allowed us to maintain well inside the storm."

"Those modifications are quite a mystery, Snervia," Lukas said.  "Any indications what Starfleet is up to?  Are they expecting more trouble?"

The Forrester's  commanding officer looked to Malachi then back to Lukas.  She reasoned that if Lukas would ask her such a question in front of the boy, it would be allowable to provide any answers she had.

"I have no positive answers, Lukas, just speculation, like you," she replied.  Even though she had genuine concern, the way she said it did not make it seem so serious.  "During the time we spent in the ship yards, there was definitel talk about strange ship upgrades.  Rumors, only, of some offensive capabilities added to the USS Patriot and her reassignment to Deep Space 13.  If one is to elieve the rumors, one would say Starfleet know something it is not revealing to everyone."

"Ah'm sure we'll be fahnding out in tahme, Snervia," Lukas said.  "Ah just hope it's in tahme."

OFF
Commodore Lukas Fyrstk
Commanding Officer
USS Eagle, NCC 9561