<USS Eagle> Contacting Mom

  • From: Lukas <CaptFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "April Styles" <CommoAprlFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 19:50:29 -0400

ON

 "
OPS to Commodore Fyrstk," Came the voice of Ensign Harriman. "Pathfinder is on the line.  Patching it to the CMO's office now."

"Acknowledged," Said Lukas.  He smiled as the image of his wife appeared on the screen in front of him.  "Hello, E'Lev."

April looked back at the screen a smile on her tired face, the light in her office very low.  Her  right arm in a sling, "Hi my love, How are you?"

"Ah'm, appaently, in better shape than you." Lukas said with concern in his voice.  "What happened?"

"Path was attaced by something we've never seen before.  We barely escaped.  I guess cloaking and using the slip stream confused them.  Lt Dragontamer is working non stop. We should be returned to full power in 48 hours."  She moved her injured arm with a slight wince.  "The chilrdren are OK.  I'm getting some strange feelings coming from Malachi..."  She paused, "You two OK?"

"Well, Malachi is whah Ah called," Lukas told her. "It seems it is tahme for his training with Krell you have told me about."

April nodded, "That's what I thought. Has he hurt anyone, how is he?"

"No.  He only managed to destroy some electrical ahtems on the ship."  Lukasleaned forward on the desk.  "We have him psi-suppressed at the moment and that seems to have calmed down the action.  He is resting in sick bay rahght now."

April reached out and touched his image on the screen, "That's probobly the best way.  As much as I hate those drugs, you need to stay safe.  Do you have any medical telepaths?" was her question.

"'Bout the closest we have," Lukas replied, "Is mah CMO is Vulcan.  The Assistant Medical Officer is in training herself."

"Does he favor one over the other?" her smile was mysterious dispite the grave situation her ship was in.

"Ah would say he does," Lukas admitted. "Ah think he is quahte smitten with Ensign Melody.  They have spent a lot of tahme together."

"I had a fe..."She puased a second then giggles a second," You really don't want to know what Whisper just said."  She shook her head, "I imagine Admiral Krell probably aready knows about our son.  She had some way of doing that." She paused when the light flightened, "Do you want me to call her or do you want to?"  She missed Lukas greatly, "You can use our link to summon her afterall, Love."

"Whah dont you let her know what's happening," Lukas said.  "You already know what it's all about, so it should make it easier.  Just have her cal me with what she wants to do."

"OK, I'll have Whisper agment my abilities and do it directly.  "  she smiled, "Chances are The admiral will simply show up without much warning." April leaned closer to the screen, "She'll help him Lukas, she's the only one who can."  her eyes serious.

Lukas nodded.  He wasn't certain he enjoyed the idea of Admiral Krell just appearingon his ship.  It was all to Q-like, and Lukas was never one for that kind of hocus pocus.  He knew it would have to be though for Malachis sake.

"Allrahght, April," he said with a bit of resignation in his voice.  "Ah have to get back to duty.  Ah will trah nad get over to see you and the kids within the week."

She smiled at him, "I'll look forward to it, my love."

"As will Ah," Lukas said easily.  He reached out and touched the screen.  An odd sensation came to his finger tips as if he were indeed touching his wife's soft skin.  "Get Terra to take care of that arm for ya."

April chuckled, "She's to busy taking care of all the critical injueries.  I got off easy.  But you know Terra.  She'll fuss over me soon enough. I mean waddle."  April grinned at him, reasting her fingertips against him.

"Take care, E'Lev," Lukas said.  Through the link they shared with the gem, he could feel her fingers on his face.

Off
Commodore Lukas Fyrstk
Commanding Officer

Along with