<USS Eagle> Sightings

  • From: Kaitlin Pryde <trekcyborggirl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 17:46:39 -0700 (PDT)

ON:

  Lt. Jg Tracy kept her eyes glued to her sensor readings. Gwen had said "find
that ship" and Josie had every intention of doing so.  So when the sensors
showed the energy signiture of a federation ship powering up she instantly had
Max try to identify the signiture. Sure enough it was that of a Defiant  class
ship. Josie's fingers ran across the keypad as she hurriedly input a program.
She Checkov got in scanning range and scanned the Orion ship. Josie sent her
little program out with the false readings that masked the crew from being
detected for who they really were.
 "Sir" Josie said to get the attention of the Admerial that was sitting in
Gwen's chair.  "I have found the Checkov. She is now heading out of the system.
I have sent the coords to Helm. I have also "tagged" the ship so we might be
able to track it."

  It was a simple program really. When Federation ships use their sensors it is
set to automaticaly filter out "background noise." Josie's program simply makes
it so that the program on the Checkov that does the filtering also leaves a
signiture in its wake in the background noise. Noone would even know its there
unless they were looking for the signs. And the simple program was undetectable
as it really didn't change anything except for a minor way that the filter
worked.

OFF:

Lt Jg Josephine Tracy
Cheif Science Officer