<USS Eagle> Negotiations

  • From: Gwen <GwenivereMarqusa@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:13:45 -0500

:SNIP:  GwenivereMarqusa: @What information do you possess?"

:ON:

     Heiriam looked suspiciously at the trader captain.  He set his glass on the small table near the sofa.  In a guarded and suddenly cooler voice he said, "I posses much knowledge about many things, Captain.  YOU need to be more specific with your query."
     Gwen smiled and lean back in the sofa, relaxing a bit.  She took a moment, then decided to proceed.  "Well, I am looking for information on the Tholians in general.  But, specifically on a few particular Tholians.  Is this the type of information you can provide?"
     "I probably cannot provide you with more than is already known about the Tholians," Heiriam said.  He wasn't certain whether or not to let his guard slip back down.  "I can of course provide you with whatever information I have.... on the Tholians."
     Gwen looked at Heiriam inquisitively.  He was hiding something, she was certain of that.  "But you don't have anything on specific Tholians?"
     "Why would you want to mess with the Tholians, Dear girl?  They are a dangerous race."
     Gwen raised her eyebrows at the "girl" comment, but let it pass.  Instead she just smirked again.  "Yes, they are dangerous.  But dangerous is exciting.
     "But, if you don't have any information on specific Tholians, I guess I will have to look for a different trading partner.  Unless you have something else worth trading for."
     "There is always something worth trading for," Heiriam said, a bit of the coolness slipping from his voice.  "We just need to know what other areas interest you."
     Gwen thought for a moment.  "Well, there are a few other people that I could use information on.  How are you on information pertaining to Andorians?  I have heard that there are a couple that are hiding out somewhere in this sector."
     "Andorians," Heiriam snorted.  "They think they are theone's gift to the cosmos.  We do have information on a couple holdouts.  I would give you that freely to get them out of our space."
     Gwen gave a genuine smile, "You're not much of a negotiator, are you Heiriam?  Or, are you trying to keep me here longer?"
     Heiriam smiled.  "I must admit... keeping company with you has been the highlight of my week thus far, Captain.  But, as far as my negotiating skills, I am a superb negotiator.  I just do not think you have asked for what you really want.
     "See, I believe you could easily track down Tholians or Andorians.  There is something more you want.  Should I be wrong, well we can barter for the Andorians."
     "Well, I'm not really interested in the Andorians.  I just know that I could use them to get what I want.  I'm not interested in tracking down any Tholians.  I am looking for information on them.  Information I could use for . . . other purposes shall I say.
     "As far as bartering for the Andorians, you've told me yourself you'd give me the information freely.  So why should I barter for that?
     "Maybe it would be wiser to trade in something other then people.  Drink for drink, so to speak."
     "That is always a possibility," Heiriam said.  "Tell me what type of drink would please one so beautiful as yourself?"
     Gwen let herself blush ever so slightly.  "You are definitely good at flattery.  I hear that you are also good at making a Trakonian Ale.  I'll trade you the location of the tea, for the recipe of the ale."
      "Trakonian ale," Heiriam said as if he had just found the secret to her being there.  "Yes, you would make a fortune if you could market that outside the Spaculaan territory.  But is is worth the trade?"
     He gave Gwen a seductive look.  "Or perhaps there would be something to .... sweeten the deal?"
     Gwen smiled, "I will of course, take the Andorians off your hands.  As a gift for you."
      "The Andorians," Heiriam said with a bitterness as if he had just bitten into something sour.  "I was hoping for something a bit more..." His leg touched slightly to Gwen's.  "... personal."
     Gwen raised her eyebrows a little and looked at Heiriam.  "Well.  I would.  However, I would hate to put a bounty on your head."
     "A bounty?" Heiriam said pompously.  "On my head?"
     Gwen smiled, "Yes.  My mate.  He's a bit on the jealous side."
     "Ahhh.  The mate," Heiriam said flatly.  He allowed his leg to linger against hers a moment longer to show he did not fear her "mate," and then pulled it away.  "I should have guessed you would have a mate.  A pity too, but nonetheless..."
     He set his glass down on the table again, and rose turning away from Gwen and clearly signaling this meeting was now over.  "Very well.  I will have to discuss this with my superior, and I will get back to you.  You will also back your ship another 200,000 kilometers from Homeworld and hold there."
      Gwen stood and nodded.  "As you wish Captain."  She turned and headed out to where Rommie and Soren were.

:OFF:

Lt. Cmdr. Gwenivere Marqusa
AXO/CSec/Tac
USS Eagle