<USS Eagle> Coming to the Rescue (part2)

  • From: "Lance Bass" <cmdrlancebass@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 21:45:15 -0500

:ON:

          "Coming up on the Opki system Jim.  Anything on sensors?"

          Lieutenant Commander Jim Gibson, the handsome young science
officer played with the sensor controls for a few seconds before replying.
"Negative, there is an unusually high degree of tertian radiation in this
system.  It's going to limit our sensors to 100,000 meters.

          Nodding Lance brought up what data the computer had on the Opki
system.  "The computer doesn't have much to offer us either.  Apparently
this system was charted 56 years ago by a long range probe.  It's never been
checked by a manned survey mission."

          "Anything in the computer about this radiation field?"

          Lance read over the file again and shook his head no.  "And it
gets better, were going to lose long range communications, sensors, and warp
drive when we enter the system.  "

"Just lovely, are you sure we have to do this?"

Smiling at his worrying man, he replied, "Yep, time to have some fun.
Taking us out of warp and laying in a search pattern.

          As Lt. Commander Gibson worked on boosting power to the sensors,
he looked over at Lance and said in a deadpan voice, "After we are done here
we are going to have a little talk about what is fun and what isn't my dear
love."

          Lance couldn't help but laugh at that but said nothing else, after
all there was a ship out there to find.

:TBC:

Commander Lance Bass

Executive Officer (and part time searcher of lost ships and souls)

USS Eagle; NCC-9561

Lieutenant Commander James "Jim" Gibson\

Beta shift Science officer

Starbase 196

(NPC by Lance)