<USS Eagle> "Contact?"

  • From: Roman <RomanHaas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:22:38 -0500

On

Lt. Haas sat in the small room which served as the second oficer's office on Deck 2.  It was the same size as the first Officer;s office, which was half the size of the captain's ready room.  He had just finished going over crew reports, a duty he shared with Gwen, in her role as acting first officer.  He decided to check on the slip-stream probe's progress while he ate his lunch.

He pulled up the readings streaming from the communications probe.  Still nothing.  It didn't surprise, Roman.  He told the captain that even though the probe was in the Beta Quadrant, it might still take some time to reach the Athena, if she were in the quadrant.

Haas activated the log recorder.

"Operations Log, Stardate 59146.6"

He smiled to himself.  He remembered when he could barely spit out that small sentence without stammering.

"It has been a week since we sent out and activated the new communications probe.  S-so far it seems to be working fine.  In a-addition to sending out a hail for the Athena, it i-is also receiving comunications f-from the Enclave.

It seems th-they are actively seeking the two Federation ships, a-and they seem to have made it a pri-iority.  I am guessing we are the one ship, and hopefully Athena i-is theother one.

"At any rate it seems that there is ano...."

Rommie was stopped in his words when he noticed the indicator on the console blinking.  He sent a quick message to the replacement officer sitting at his station on the bridge that he had this taken care of.  Haas tapped in the commands to bring up the communication that was being directed tot he probe.

"USS Eagle.  This is the USS Athena.  Do you copy?"

Off
Lt. Roman Haas
Operations/Second officer