<USS Eagle> Transport to Spacula - Extra Protection

  • From: Lukas <CaptFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, "April Styles" <CommoAprlFyrstk@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:45:39 -0500

ON

Malachi watched Lt. Commander Marqusa and Lt. Lost backtrack down the trail they came up and head off in another direction.  He wished the commander would have left him with a phaser.  Dr. Hamza had one on her, but she was busy tending to Tiama's mother.  Tiama's revelation that they were Spaculaan royalty had certainly upped the stakes in this simple passenger transport and explained why they were under attack.

"So you're like ... a princess?" Mal asked Tiama.

"Yes," Tiama admited.  She bowed her head as if she were ashamed of it.  "I am sorry we put you in this danger.  I am heir to the empire, should it ever be reformed.:

"I can't understand why the Federation ambassador would have settled for just the shuttles being used to take you to Spacula Prime," Mal said thoughtfully, "Unlees he didn't want you to get there."

"That's horrible," Tiam exclaimed.  "Why would the Federation not wish us to make it home."

"Not so much the Federation," Mal siad, "As much as the individual.  Maybe he's in cohoots with the Frinkta. Or maybe I just participate in too many spy-holos."

"Spy holos?" Tiama asked.

"It's like an interactive book," Malachi clarified.  "You get to play a part in the story."

"That sounds exciting," Tiama remarked.

"It is, " Malachi agreed.  "When we get back to the Eagle, I could show you."

"I would realy like that," Tiama said.  She briefly touched Malachi on the arm.  He didn't mind the contact at all.

"They're coming," Mal said suddenly, looking down the path they had come up.

"How do you know," Tiama asked.

"I can ....feel them," Mal said.  "It's a gift I inherited from my mother."  He turned towards Dr. Hamza.  "Doctor.  We really sould move further up the path."

"I am doing the best I can with what I have to deal with, Mr. Styles," Dr. Hamza replied.  Just as she said that, Tiama's mother regained consciousness.

"I'm going to buy us some time," Malachi said  Without another word he sprinted back down the path about twenty meters. He looked around for something he could use to slow down the Frinkta should they decide to come up this path.

Off the pathway, he fould several broken tree limbs, including one very large one.  It took him a few minutes to set up his litle surprise, but when he was finished, he was quite satisfied with his handiwork.  By the time he sprinted back up the pathway, Tiama's mother was on her feet again, being suported by Dr. Hamza.  Mal turned towards the way they had come and pointed the tricorder, scanning for their pursuers.

"They're approaching the split where Commander Marqusa went in the other direction," Mal said.

"Then we should get moving," Dr. hamza said.   With that the four of them started up the path, away from the Frinkta.

OFF
Malachi Styles
Played by Commodore Fyrstk

Dr.atchet Hamza