<USS Eagle> "Spacula Transport - Talon"

  • From: Roman <RomanHaas@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: usseagle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 10:19:16 -0500

On

"What is going on?!?" demanded the voice of the Federation Ambassador.

"W-We've come under attack," Lt. Haas reported from the helm controls of the runabout, Talon.  "A-apparently they were ready for our r-ruse, Ambassador. O-or they were informed o-of our plans."

"An informant?  For the Frinkta?"  The abassador seemed surprised at even the mention of such a notion.  Maybe a bit TOO surprised.  "What is teh status of your other ship?  What of the emporess?"

"Of the what?" Rommie turned quickly to the ambassador.

"Of the passengers," the Ambassador said quickly.  "Are they safe?"

Rommie glanced to the others in the cabin.  They seemed very content to let him handle the sputtering ambassador. but he could see it in each of their eyes.  They, too, had heard the ambassadors slip of the tongue.

"We are not c-certain at the moment,"  Haas informed the ambassador.  He watched the ambassador carefully.  In his opinion, it took the ambassador a whole two seconds to react with the expected indignation and rage.  A little too long.

"ARE NOT CERTAIN," the ambassador shouted.  "I depened on you bunch of incompetents to trasnport some VIPs, and you cannot handle that?  Where are they?  Have they been destroyed?"

"A-Again, Ambassador," Rommie said keeping his calm.  "We do not know.  We know they c-came under attack.  We are on course for where we lost track of them now, sir."

"What is taking so long?  Why didn't you go to their aid imediately?"

"We were a bit busy," Haas stated flatly. "They knew enough to k-keep us busy, a-and I am betting the Eagle has company of it's own."

"We need to find the shi...." the ambassador started to say.

"We will f-find it, sir," Rommine interrupted.  "Y-you can count on that."  He looked the ambassador directly in the eyes, so the diplomat wuld not miss his meaning as he said," A-and we will find out who has informed the Frinkta o-of our plans.

"Counselor. PLease take the ambasador in the aft comparment and see to his comfort. We will keep you informed of any changes, sir.  Josie.  Send a message to the Eagle.  Give th-them our current situation, And a recording of the convers-sation I just had with the Ambassador.

"Don't worry about encoding it.  I-I'm sure the Frinkta know EXACTLY what's going on."

OFF
Commodore Fyrstk as the Ambassador

Lt. Haas
Operations/Second Officer