[TechAssist] Re: 20" Advent TV Q2035A Common Failure

  • From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:13:38 -0500

(For the archives) I did more searching and found my answer the following
info below will help all. I ordered the parts, the tech was very helpful and
parts were not expensive, $3 EEprom and $15 for microprocessor. He also
confirmed this to be a common problem and would fix the set. Also have FREE
user manuals for downloading on website.

Advent TV / Prima
http://www.adventtv.com/
10740 Meridian Ave. N.
Suite 205
Seattle, WA
USA, 98133
Tel: 1-888-474-2314
info@xxxxxxxxxxxx

*********************

>From: "Dan Garris" <dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [TechAssist] 20" Advent TV Q2035A Common Failure
>Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:25:58 -0500
>
>I found this in the TechAssist Archives, I have "exactly" the same set with
>same problem. The following below was well written (Courstey of John
>Mikowich, East Side Tv) so I copy/pasted my problem below: (from my search
>this appears to be a common failure on this model)
>

>Make: Advent
>Model:Q2035A
>UL Listed: 32KJ
>Basic Model: K2035
>Maunufactured for Prima Technologies.
>
>Hi Everyone:
>Customer brought set in & said was dead. When I 1st plugged set in to ac
>line, set fires up but with only a reddish tint raster with drive lines &
>is
>also a little short on the bottom & no sound. I found out that pressing any
>of the front buttons, channel, vol, etc. causes the set to shut off.
>Pressing the power button will not fire set up, you have to unplug then
>plug
>back in & set will do what I described above.
>Check the usual stuff caps around micro, diodes , caps, resitors looking
>for
>missing voltage in sec. having no luck since I don't have a print. Does
>anyone know, who made this set, or have a print they can email me or post
>or
>any tips on this problem. anything would be greatly appreciated!
>

>WinsTips 2.0 Gave fix for this problem as: (Courstey of Austin Tv &
>Electronics);
>
>Turning Up The G2 Reveals Full Scan With Retrace, But Blanked Video And
>Osd.
>At That Point Pressing Any Key (Except Menu) Will Shut The Set Off And Then
>Refuses To Accept Further Commands (Or At Least Come Back On).
>
>Fix:
>
>Replace N201 And N801 (352-88030-10 Processor And 352-24080-50-72289
>Eeprom). This New Processor Is Supposed To Prevent Further Failure Of The
>Eeprom.
>
>Question to the Group: Where or who sells the above parts for this Advent
>TV?
>
>Dan Garris
>Garris TV
>New Bern, NC 28560
>Ph: (252) 638-4477
>dgarris@xxxxxxxxxxx

>Plan your next US getaway to one of the super destinations here.
>http://special.msn.com/local/hotdestinations.armx

>Lost Password:
>Email Archives:

Create your own personal Web page with the info you use most, at My MSN.

Lost Password:
Email Archives: