[SI-LIST] SSTL-2 series termination in DDR Applications

  • From: Anand.Kuriakose@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 14:00:51 +0630

Hi All,

Why is it required to provide series termination on the DDR signals (SSTL logic)
on the motherboard when the DDR DIMMs themselves have series termination on
every signal (as the SSTL spec states) ? I think we can get reliable signal
quality without these series terminaters on the motherboard. Correct me if i am
wrong.

Thanks in advance for all the valuable ideas.

Regards,
Anand.

//www.freelists.org/webpage/si-list

For help: