[prssr-devel-ml] pRSSreader 1.3.3 beta1 - fixed builds

  • From: David Andrs <pda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: prssr-devel-ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:05:54 +0100

Hi!

Thanks for reporting not working builds. I fixed it, just redownload
beta1 from http://pda.jasnapaka.com/prssr/beta/.

The problem was incorrectly linked dll in QVGA version, VGA version was
ok.

Those of you who had problem with error "'pRSSreader.exe' is not a valid
Pocket PC application.", redownload and reinstall 1.3.3 beta1.

There was another problem with uninstallation. pRSSreader was unable to
uninstall itself. This was caused by a mistake in the howto that I used
for creating the install/uninstall module. This problem is now fixed.
Also if you have 1.3.3 beta1 working redownload and reinstall it. If you
are unable to do so, you can uninstall pRSSreader manually:

1. Disable today plugin, if it is active
2. Delete registry keys:
   HKCU\Software\DaProfik\pRSSreader
   HKLM\Services\pRSSreader
   HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Today\Items\pRSSreader
   HKLM\SOFTWARE\Apps\David Andrs pRSSreader
3. reboot the device
4. delete files:
   \windows\AppMgr\David Andrs pRSSreader.dll
   \windows\David Andrs pRSSreader.unload
   \windows\zlib1.dll
   \windows\libexpat.dll
   \windows\prssrtoday.dll