Re: [SPAM] Re: Interpreting csscan results

  • From: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Clarke, Andrew" <andrew.clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 15:44:16 -0500

I'm still curious, having held off on a test run, at what "lossy
conversion" would entail.  Will CSALTER simply fail?  Will it run and
just wipe out the bad character, or maybe th entire field?  The
business side said it is fine with the loss of that character.  The
data in these cases gets aged out in 4-6 months anyway.

Don.

On 5/10/07, Don Seiler <don@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/10/07, Clarke, Andrew <andrew.clarke@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >  I'm researching the idea of migrating to WE8ISO8859P1.
>
> If these are smart quotes or other MS characters you might wish to
> consider migrating to WE8MSWIN1252

Quotes are not an issue (at least not yet).  What we are seeing are
vowels with accents and n's with tildes.

--
Don Seiler
oracle blog: http://ora.seiler.us

--