Re: ASM and minimal oracle home software install

  • From: Yechiel Adar <adar666@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 10:36:00 +0200

We are using separate homes for ASM and db and it works fine.
You need to switch the server to work from ASM home, then you activate DBCA and configure the ASM and activate the instance. Then you switch the server to work from db home and use DBCA to build the database.

Adar Yechiel
Rechovot, Israel

Smith, Steven K - MSHA wrote:

We are installing ASM in its own oracle home.

The oracle home for the databases that will also be on the server will be installed in its own oracle home (recommended by oracle to separate patch/upgrade areas.

Does anyone have a link to a white paper or experience with exactly what options are required to be installed in the ASM oracle home directory? We are trying to minimize the software footprint and minimize patch time in the ASM oracle home by not installing options that are not necessary for ASM to operate.

Thanks

Steve Smith

Desk: 303-231-5499