Re: interesting wait event

  • From: Mladen Gogala <gogala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: orclwzrd@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 23:17:07 -0500

On 02/28/2006 01:07:54 PM, john d parker wrote:
> 'gcs drm freeze in enter server mode'
>
> Anyone have any indepth info on this event? It was captured in the wild
> during heavy load, a datafile was being added near that time. DB
> version 10.2 RAC on Solaris, raw datafiles.
>
> John

John, when new file is added, software has to inform other nodes and update
resource
managers on all involved nodes. I don't really know which resources are
re-distributed
and re-configured but structure changing events like adding data files or
instances
entering the cluster will usually result in database freeze for a minute or so.

--
Mladen Gogala
http://www.mgogala.com

--