RE: Oracle on windows 2003 on vmware

  • From: "Carlson, Todd" <tcarlson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 15:23:47 -0600

We looked into Oracle on VMware and came to the conclusion that it
wasn't a good idea for performance reasons. VMware adds an additional
and slow IO layer between oracle and the platters: VMware -> OS -> LVM
-> Disk. As a result, IO performance is not good. We do use this setup
for development and test databases where performance is not important.

HIH,

Todd