[openbeos] Haiku is looking for a release coordinator!

  • From: "Niels Reedijk" <niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 13:16:47 +0200

Hello all,

One of the things I'm responsible for in alpha 1 is finding a release
coordinator.

The job of the release coordinator is to:

 - investigate which steps need to be taken to get a release of alpha 1
 - prepare things like finding mirrors or bringing together people for
a publicity plan
 - report the ideas back to the developers and guide any resulting discussion

Basically, not much is set in stone and it will require some work to
try to get the things together. The release coordinator we're looking
for is:

 - a team player
 - creative and unconventional
 - willing to spend around 6 - 8 hours a week on this project, for
possibly the next month (note, this is an uneducated guess on how much
work the alpha still is).

If you are interested in this position, send a _private_ email to Axel
Dörfler and me with:

- A short motivation why you want to do this
- A short note on why you think you are a perfect candidate
- A brief outline on what you think needs to be done.

Please, no essays, keep it short. Depending on the number of
applicants, we (Axel and I) will decide how to proceed.

Thanks!

N.