[openbeos] Invitation to BeGeistert 019

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 20:11:40 +0200

BeFAN (soon to become The Haiku Support Association) is pleased to invite you to BeGeistert 019 - Alphaville from on the 11th and 12th of October 2008 in the

Youth Hostel in Düsseldorf.

We're always excited about BeGeistert but this time we're especially excited: we
are expecting the very first alpha release of Haiku! The focus of this
BeGeistert will undoubtedly be this release. There will be plenty to see and
plenty of developers to answer questions.

Last year we decided to focus both BeGeistert and our local club squarely on Haiku. While the reorganisation of our club is proceeding usual pace of German bureaucracy, at the request of Haiku developers BeGeistert 018 in January included a Haiku Coding Sprint. We're pleased to announce that this spring was considered so successful that there will be another immediately after BeGeistert 019 from the 13th to 17th January. Developers interested should contact Stephan
Aßmus.

Although BeGeistert itself is officially always only the Saturday and the Sunday, many visitors arrive on the Friday. In addition to expanding visitors' understanding of BeOS and Haiku we also try to be ambassadors of the local culture. This year we are hoping to arrange a trip on the Friday for early arrivals to a local brewery to see how the famous local alt beer is made. Please indicate on the registration form whether you would be able to and would like to
attend.

The BeGeistert-Orga Team