[openbeos] Network Update

  • From: "David Reid" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 11:58:45 +0100

Following Bruno's example, here is an update... (Sorry for trying to steal
your thunder!)

We now support all the protocols we need for an R1 release, notably TCP now
works.

The stack builds and runs using the kernel driver method and is stable
enough that some work can be done with it. There are still some strange bugs
that need found and fixed before the stack can be considered stable enough
for people to use.

Binary compatibility with R5 apps is possible and I have been using the new
stack to do CVS checkouts using an R5 binary of cvs. Net+ works well and the
recent changes to the socket code mean it now works better than last
weekend.

There are still some big things that need to be done, notably ip
fragmentation needs to be added and that's on my list for later this week.

That said we're finally nicely on target :)

david