[geocentrism] Re: Negative stellar parallax

  • From: Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 23:34:34 +1100

Dear Jack,

  There is still no circular reasoning.
1) HC predicts that stars should display parallaxes over the course of a year.
2) We see such parallaxes - this supports HC - it doesn't prove it!
3) I have not used parallax to prove HC - but, still - it's a good support :-)
4) Proper motions are along straight lines in space and with constant speed.
5) Parallax displays itself as an ellipse with the eccentricity (oblateness)
   determined by the ecliptic (not the celestial) latitude of the star. At
   the celestial poles the paralactic motion over a year, will describe a
   circle - at the ecliptic equator a star will go back and forth along
   a straight line.
6) combine the straight-lined proper motions with the ellipses of parallax
   and you get what we observe for the real stars. And it is fairly trivial
   to disentangle the two, to get both the distance and the proper motion.
7) In GC we would only expect the straight-lined proper motions.
   It is up to you guys to explain parallaxes in GC.
I'll have a look at Neville's parallax paper, when I get the time.

Circular reasoning would be if, HC is true because parallax is true, AND
parallax is true because HC is true. That is not the case. Parallaxes are
true because they are observed, AND HC does not depend on parallaxes alone.

     Regards,

        Regner