[fsug-calicut] Re: Response to the e-mail to the Editor. Vivaravicharam

  • From: P Ranjith <ranjith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Anil Kumar K V <eiidp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 00:34:28 +0530 (IST)

Hi,
I did not understand the relevance of, at least, one part of Anil
Kumar's mail, the part  on  "swadesh" and Gandhiji. Probably it
is born out of mere ignorance of India's  history and Gandhiji's Work.

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003, Anil Kumar K V wrote:
> I really wondered why you have used the term â??Swadeshâ?? that too
>while
> mentioning about Gandhiji's principle ! â??Swadeshâ?? is a word of Sanskrit
> origin and its literal meaning is â??My own nationâ??. It is a propaganda
> term of
> the fascist group named â??RSSâ?? to spread their fanatic agenda of Hindu
> nationalism.

"Swadesh" and "Swadeshi" are indeed two words Gandhiji used with specific
meanings. To know what these words really meant for him you could read
"Speeches and Writings  of M. K. Gandhi"(or his complete works).
"Swadeshi", for Gandhi, was a philosophy and it symbolized "freedom".
I guess any kid in India would know  how much Gandhiji, swadesh(i) and
freedom are related. This being the facts, it is  completely
unnecessary and a bit ridiculous to drag in RSS or other political
movements here into discussion.

And I believe it is wise, for FSF, to stay away from the cheap
party politics, especially in the email groups.
Blaming Gujarat on RSS might provoke somebody else to
blame Kannur/Tiananmen incidents on commmunists and Delhi riots on
congress and so on and so forth. This would only help to deviate
from our primary goal of a free software world!! India is a democratic
country and people here have infinite forums to discuss about
Gujarat/Kannur/Delhi or whatever they want. Let them discuss it there and
elect whomever they want.
Let us worry about free software movement here!!

regards,
Ranjith

FSUG-Kozhikode Home Page :
//www.freelists.org/webpage/fsug-calicut