[AZ-Observing] S Cephei

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amastro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:51:34 -0700

Hello again;
One other object that I wanted to mention while I was going over notes.
S Cep is a fascinating star in the eyepiece.  At 125X in the Nexstar 11
it is a nice dark orange in color, a beauty.  Look for this star at:
21 35 10  + 78 38 43

I don't have my information in front of me about this star, but I think it is
a carbon star.  I will look that up.

Steve Coe

Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
Saguaro Astronomy Club website
www.saguaroastro.org